Governance and Policies
About the Board of International Advisors
The mission of the Board of International Advisors (BIA) is to provide advice, guidance, support, and advocacy for the University as well as for the continuing development of its undergraduate and graduate programs. The BIA’s role is advisory to the University President, and to the Board of Trustees.
The BIA serves as an advocacy group both on and off campus and will assist in promoting a positive LAU image with its constituents and society at large; moreover, it shall act as an advisor to the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee on university policies; further, the BIA membership will include individuals of distinction who will bring their considerable talents, experience and wisdom to assist in promoting LAU and strengthening its mission.
The BIA shall consist of prominent international leaders willing to become involved in helping the University fulfill its mission. The members should be devoted to the promotion and to the advancement of the cause of LAU as an American Higher Education Institution operating in the Middle East.
The Duties of each member shall be to:
- Promote the educational and strategic goals of the University.
- Serve, wherever situated, as an LAU ambassador.
- Strengthen LAU as an educational institution by communicating to the Presidents suggestions, complaints, needs, and trends.
- Actively support LAU’s mission statement at all times.
- Carry the word, whenever possible, about the University’s accomplishments to professional and personal acquaintances.
- Help, as appropriate, with the cultivation and solicitation of financial support for the University.
- Attend, as appropriate, events sponsored by the University.