Requirements and Rules
- Honors courses, identified by the letter H next to their number, are offered each semester exclusively for Honors Program students. Honors sections will be limited (no more than 25 students per class) in order to enhance learning and maximize interaction among students and faculty.
- You must complete six honors courses (18 credits).
- You are expected to maintain a clean record (no violations of academic integrity) and a CGPA of 3.5 (if you have completed 90 credits or less) or 3.2 ( if you have completed more than 90 credits) to continue in the Honors Program. If your CGPA falls below the minimum required CGPA, but is at least 3.0, you will be placed on Honorary probation for one semester (excluding summer). If you fail to earn the required CGPA by the end of the probationary semester, you will be dismissed from the Honors Program.
- You must complete 3 or 4 Honors courses from the Liberal Arts Curriculum, and 2 or 3 major-specific Honors courses. All engineering honors students are required to finish 3 LACS and 3 major courses.
- You must complete 3 workshops, which are zero-credit courses restricted for Honors students. These workshops develop the soft skills that are nowadays an essential requirement for success in your academic life and your career. You can choose from various topics that are offered every semester such as Emotional Intelligence, Life Balance, Goal Setting, Steer your Career, Leadership and Change, Skills of Debate etc…
- Honors courses are not extra courses; they count toward the requirements for LAC and your major.
- Honors courses may not be audited or taken for a P/NP grade.
- Even if you don’t complete all the requirements of the Honors Program, all credits earned in Honors courses will count toward graduation.
- Upon graduation, the distinction of “University Honors” will appear on your transcripts and permanent records.