Summer Institute for Intensive Arabic Language and Culture
|Tuition ($310 per credit)
|Room (double occupancy)
|Excursions (transportation, entrance fees, one overnight stay)
- Note: Single occupancy in LAU dorms is $1300 extra, depending on availability.
- Meals and round trip travel to Beirut, books, and supplies are not included.
- Round-trip tickets to Beirut cost approximately U.S.$ 1,200 from New York and approximately U.S.$ 600 from Europe. We urge participants to make travel plans as early as possible in order to take advantage of discounted prices. Participants are required to purchase comprehensive health insurance, unless they can provide evidence of comparable coverage. Emergency health insurance for coverage over the duration of the program may be purchased through LAU upon arrival for $75.
- Transportation for arrival and departure between Beirut International Airport and LAU-Beirut is provided to SINARC students free of charge. Additional transportation needs within Lebanon are the responsibility of students. Taxi and bus services are reasonably priced in Lebanon.
- While ATMs are available and credit cards are widely accepted in Lebanon, cash is the most convenient form of currency. American dollars are legal tender in Lebanon. Other currencies are easily exchanged in banks or exchange counters at official rates. The rate of exchange is approximately L.L. 1,500 = U.S.$ 1.
- Refundable Clause: Please note that there will be no refunds on program fees after the start of the session, unless the program is canceled by the University for Unforeseen Reasons.
SINARC in New York
[Information and help about this website.]