Maps & parking
Graduating students need to present the LAU ID card and parents and friends need to present the invitation card to enter the campus.
Learn more about parking, transportation and maps by chosing your campus below:
Byblos (July 4)
View this guide for the seating
(Kindly relay this map to attending family and friends)
Parking for graduating students:
If you are coming from Beirut, you may need around 2 hrs. to reach Byblos campus
Parking is available on a first-come first-served basis in the following locations in the following order starting 3:30 pm.
- The underground parking in block “B”.
- The upper parking space (above the booth of Librairie du Liban including the current faculty parking above Frem Centre) these cars shall exit the campus using the upper campus gate.
N.B. If you are arriving with your parents later on, you may be allowed to park in the church parking lot above upper gate (if space is available) otherwise you all must use the Bus transportation to the gates as below.
Parking for family and friends:
Gates for parents and friends open from 6:30 until 8:25 p.m.
Please be sure to inform your parents and friends of the special security measures taking place, and corresponding delays, and ask them to come early.
Public parking space for families and Friends, with shuttle Bus transportation to the gates are available in the following order on first-come first served basis at:
- Curb behind cafeteria.
- Old Zakhem parking. (Left side parking going up to lower gate)
- LAU parking facing Zakhem parking. (Right side parking going up to lower gate)
- Main Road below Malik bookstore.
- Dorms parking behind Malik.
- Left side of road from Malik to Abou Joseph.
Parking for VVIP and VIP:
- VVIP parking at the upper gate behind Tohme-Rizk (No shuttle bus available)
- VIP parking at the new parking (Not asphalted yet) on way to cafeteria (No shuttle bus available)
Parking for faculty members, staff and student volunteers:
- The lower two levels of the new underground parking are assigned to all staff and student volunteers helping in the commencement.
- The Science Building parking is assigned to faculty members and some VIP guests.
There will be NO parking in the following areas:
- Roads to campus.
- Next to site Offices above Block “A”.
- Road leading to Church.
- Main road above site offices.
- Main road alongside block “B”.
- Excavated area above Block “A” (the Mechref site).
- Next to Block “A” (reserved for Red Cross and Civil Defence vehicles).
Guests or parents are allowed in the Frem area or surroundings of the campus ONLY AFTER the exercises are completed.
Restrooms for the public are available in the Zakhem Engineering Building, as well in the Science Building (4th floor).
Beirut (July 6 & 7)
Restrooms for the public are available in Irwin Building, Faculty Lounge restroom.