Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Chemistry
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
Deadline for Applying: March 30, 2017
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in physical chemistry. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in physical chemistry. The successful candidate will have a proven publication track record in reputable journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding.
- Teach chemistry and physics courses
- Be involved in the upcoming BS Applied Physics program
- Engage in scholarly work and research
- Supervise senior year projects
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Evidence of research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/natural-sciences/) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (CIHE–NEASC). There are currently over 8,000 enrolled students at LAU.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to positions AS-17-15.