This position is no longer open.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Cancer Research
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2017
Deadline for Applying: August 15, 2017
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a post-doctoral fellowship position in the field of cancer research within a cancer research team. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated researcher with extensive expertise in the field of cancer research and cancer therapeutics as well as a proven track record of publications and successful grant applications. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer Biology or any related field with at least a four-year experience in the field of cancer research. A strong background in genetics is also desirable. The successful candidate will have experience in the field, a proven publication track record and a proven ability to attract international grant funding.
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- At least 4 years experience in cancer research/cancer therapeutics
- Evidence of research productivity
- Evidence of successful international grant applications
- Evidence of attendance/presentations at international cancer conferences
- Lead one or several research projects
- Identify regional/international granting sources and apply for grants
- Write and submit manuscripts
- Supervise graduate students and undergraduate volunteers
- Manage lab resources and equipment
- Additional duties may be set in light of research needs and priorities.
The Department of Natural Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/natural-sciences/) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (CIHE–NEASC). There are currently over 8,000 enrolled students at LAU.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to positions AS-17-13.