Assistant/Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education
School of Arts and Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2019 or after
Deadline for applying: Until position is filled
The Department of Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a full-time position at the Assistant / Associate Professor rank in Early Childhood Education (ECE). The department is interested in applicants with expertise in ECE who are able to contribute to the ECE and Education program, department and school initiatives.
- Teach ECE and other Education courses based on program needs
- Supervise students’ practice teaching in cooperating schools
- Provide support to the Early Childhood Center’s Director and oversee the application of the academic program
- Actively engage in research
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university, the profession, and the community
- Perform additional duties that may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Assistant / Associate Professor at the current institution.
- Earned Ph.D. in Early Childhood Education from a recognized University.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Evidence of successful university teaching.
- Demonstration of effective teaching methods and delivery.
- Ability to develop grant proposals.
- Experience in managing and/or supervising early childhood centers (e.g. nursery, preschool, ECE lab school).
The Department of Education consists of 7 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty members. It offers a BA program with two emphases, Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education, as well as an MA program, a diploma, and several Teaching Diplomas (TDs). The Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centerdness and to serving the community. More information can be found at http://sas.lau.edu.lb/education/
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-29, in the subject line of the email.