Assistant/Associate Professor, Cell and Molecular Biology
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2018 or AFTER
Deadline for Applying: open until filled
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Cell and Molecular Biology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, program development, academic advising, institutional and community service, and team-work. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology or related field. The successful candidate should have a proven publication track record in top tier journals,ability to attract grant funding, and effective teaching experience . Previous teaching experience in introductory biology, genetics, anatomy and physiology is highly recommended.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in biology and biomedical sciences
- Supervise senior year projects as well as MS theses
- Engage in quality research
- Be actively involved in supporting and developing the program’s main research tracks (Cancer Biology and/or Microbial Genomics)
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university,the profession, and the community
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Two years of academic and research experience
- Evidence of research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/natural-sciences/) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (CIHE–NEASC). There are currently over 8,000 enrolled students at LAU.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to email@example.com, referring to positions AS-18-40.