Assistant/Associate Professor, English
School of Arts and Sciences
Expected Start Date: Spring/Fall 2018
Deadline for Applying: May 30, 2017
The Department of English at the Lebanese American University, invites applications to a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the area of English literature. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional service.
- Teach undergraduate courses in English literature from any period
- Conduct research
- Oversee senior projects
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- An earned PhD in English literature from an internationally recognized university.
- Evidence of successful university teaching
- Candidates should have a strong potential for excellence in research, and the ability to contribute to LAU’s undergraduate teaching mission.
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of an established research agenda
The Department of English is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a BA degree in English, where students have the opportunity to focus either on literature or on language or on writing, or any combination of these three areas. The Department also offers a Minor in English. The Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research and is committed to student-centeredness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-5.