Chairperson, Department of Education, at Associate/Full Professor Rank
School of Arts and Sciences
Expected start date: Spring or Fall 2018
Deadline for applying: June 15, 2017
The Department of Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure track position at the Associate or Full Professor rank. The department is interested in applicants with expertise in Science Education, Special Education, Instructional/Educational Technology, or a related field and who can contribute to program, department and school initiatives.
- Teach education courses based on program needs.
- Actively engage in research.
- Advise and mentor students and provide support to the faculty.
- Engage in service to the department, the university, the profession, and the community.
- Additional duties may be set in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Lead the faculty in creating a vision and plans for the department and ensure implementation and sustainability.
- Follow up on the implementation, assessment and development of the programs housed at the Department.
- Fulfill the tasks required from a Chairperson as per the University bylaws and Chairperson’s job description.
- Associate/ Full Professor at the current institution.
- Earned Ph.D., from a recognized University, in Science Education, Special Education, Instructional/Educational Technology, or related field.
- Evidence of successful leadership roles and team-work
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Evidence of effective university teaching in terms of methods and delivery.
- Administrative experience.
- Ability to develop grant proposals.
The Department of Education consists of 7 full-time faculty and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Education is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centerdness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application requirements:
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-9, in the subject line of the email.