Full-Time Assistant Professor, Translation Studies
School of Arts and Sciences
Vacancy Date: Fall 2019
Expected Start Date: Fall 2019
Deadline for Applying: Until position is filled
The Department of Humanities at the Lebanese American University invites applications to a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of Translation Studies. The Department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising, institutional service, and community service.
- Teach undergraduate courses in Translation (English- Arabic/Arabic -English; French –Arabic/Arabic-French) of various registers including medical translation, audio-visual translation, and translation of international conferences
- Preference will be given to candidates who are qualified to teach interdisciplinary courses that relate translation studies to literature, culture, arts…etc.
- Contribute to the development of the Translation Program
- Conduct research
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the community, and the university
- An earned Ph.D. in Translation Studies from an internationally recognized university
- Evidence of successful university teaching
- Evidence of accomplished scholarship and research
- Evidence of research agenda
The Department of Humanities consists of 12 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Humanities are dedicated to excellence in teaching and the faculty is engaged in research and service to the institution and the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. The University is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research and student-centeredness. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research, and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers (if available) of three references.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-19-12.