Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
The School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Associate Dean must have the necessary skill set to assume a senior administrative position and a leading role in a dynamic academic environment. Appointment will be on the tenure or non-tenure track, at the associate professor or professor rank, in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pharmacy Practice. Track, rank, and discipline are commensurate with education and experience.
- Participate in the overall guidance and administration of the school.
- Work collaboratively with the school administrative team, faculty, and staff in order to fulfill the school mission, vision, educational goals and strategic plan, and ensure the implementation of policies and decisions.
- Oversee the accreditation process as required by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
- Oversee the school academic programs for curriculum and assessment, and ensure their successful implementation.
- Advocate needed advancement of the educational offerings in basic and clinical sciences.
- Advocate development programs for faculty and preceptors.
- Support the advancement of interprofessional education and practice.
- Support the advancement of the research productivity of school faculty and students.
- Lead on catalog revisions and the preparation of annual reports and other official documents.
- Lead on developing academic school policies and procedures as needed.
- Teach in assigned courses.
- Maintain a research agenda and publish scholarly work.
- Engage in service to the school, university and profession.
- Supervise the administrative personnel of the office of the Associate Dean.
- Support the Dean with school and university functions and responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Earned a pharmacy degree (preferably a doctoral degree in pharmacy), and/or a PhD in a health-related field.
- Has the required knowledge and experience in pharmacy education and practice, curricular advancement, assessment and accreditation work in an ACPE-accredited program.
- Has a clear vision and proven success in administration and leadership.
- Has successful research and scholarly publications.
- Has served on national/international professional societies, preferably in leadership role.
- Is committed to innovation and quality assurance.
- Shows proactivity, strategic thinking, effective team-building and problem-solving.
- Has the ability to deal effectively with change, and easily connect with constituents within and outside the school.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, collegiality and cooperative abilities.
- Has strong command of English verbally and in writing.
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in Byblos, Lebanon, and enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, and a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by ACPE. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites in Lebanon and the United States, employs 23 full-time faculty in addition to several part-time faculty. Its experiential education program is supported by 160 preceptors. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos Lebanon, and enrolling around 8500 students. LAU is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest with statements of teaching philosophy, practice/research interests, leadership/administrative experiences, and vision; updated CV; the names, emails and phone numbers of five references, including one from immediate supervisor; and copies of earned degrees and certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-17-1. The University reserves the right to contact additional references.
The position will be open until filled. All questions regarding the application should be directed to Dean’s Office: email@example.com.