This position is no longer open.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy (Non-Tenure Track)
The Department of Pharmacy Practice in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for a non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide interprofessional patient care and precept pharmacy students. Also expected are didactic teaching, clinical research and service. The position is fully-funded by the LAU School of Pharmacy.
Start Date: September 1, 2018
- Develop an integrated clinical practice and contribute to interprofessional patient care at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, or other designated school-affiliated practice site
- Precept pharmacy students assigned to practice site
- Provide didactic teaching based on program needs
- Develop research and publish scholarly work
- Provide service to the department, university and practice site
- Contribute to the university’s interprofessional education program
- Attend to the school’s program accreditation requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized University
- PGY1 residency from an ASHP-accredited program
- PGY2 residency from an ASHP-accredited program and/or fellowship in an area of pharmacy specialty. Candidates with Oncology, Pediatrics or Medicine sub-specialty are encouraged to apply.
- Clinical practice experience in U.S. health-systems
- Didactic and/or experiential education experience in U.S. academic pharmacy institutions/ health-systems
- License or eligibility to be licensed as a pharmacist in Lebanon
- Strong desire for patient care and the advancement of pharmacy practice
- Enthusiasm for precepting pharmacy students and serving as a role model practitioner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Collegiality and cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Documented research and scholarly output
- Experience with active learning
- Knowledge of curriculum development and assessment
- Familiarity with accreditation requirements
- Board certification from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in Byblos, Lebanon, and enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, and a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites in Lebanon and the United States, employs 23 full-time faculty in addition to several part-time faculty. Its experiential education program is supported by 160 preceptors. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community. Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at http://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos Lebanon, and enrolling around 8500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy, and practice and research interests; updated CV; names and contact details of three references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of earned degrees and certificates, and pharmacy education transcripts, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-18-3.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references.
The position is opened until filled. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: email@example.com.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.