This position is no longer open.
Visiting Faculty Position, Pharmaceutics
School of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Vacancy date: Fall 2018
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for a Visiting Faculty position in the basic and pharmaceutical sciences. The primary emphasis of the position is assisting with the delivery of select courses in the undergraduate pharmacy program and the graduate Master program in Pharmaceutical Development and Management that is planned to start in fall 2018. Also expected is research development and publication within the field of expertise. The rank of appointment is commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Teach didactic and laboratory courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Conduct scientific research that leads to publication in reputable refereed journals
- Collaborate with school faculty and students on research undertakings of common interest and help build research teams
- Support the school’s initiative in developing policies and procedures, and advancing its research facilities and compliance readiness for eventual acquisition of Good Laboratory Practice recognition
- Engage in service to the department, school and university
- Earned a PhD in the fields of pharmaceutics or other pharmaceutical sciences from a recognized university
- Experience in the social and administrative sciences and/or clinical studies design and management, and/or health economics and outcome research will be considered
- Documented experience of didactic and laboratory teaching in a higher education setting
- Documented quality research and scholarly output
- Enthusiasm to mentor graduate students and serve as a role model educator and researcher
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegiality, teamwork and cooperative abilities
- Mastery of English verbally and in writing
Duration of Position
This position is a full academic year starting fall 2018 that may be renewable for an additional year depending on performance evaluation, assessment of needs and mutual interest. Information related to the Visiting Faculty appointment can be found under the LAU faculty Personnel Policy:
The School of Pharmacy
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in Byblos, Lebanon, and enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, and a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). A graduate MS degree program in Pharmaceutical Development and Management is planned for launch in fall 2018. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites and pharmaceutical industries. It employs 23 full-time faculty in addition to several part-time faculty. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community. Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at http://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos Lebanon, and enrolling around 8500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy, and practice and research interests; updated CV; names and contact details of three professional references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of earned degrees and certificates, and pharmacy education transcripts, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-18-5. The University reserves the right to contact additional references.
The position is opened until filled. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: email@example.com.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.