Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutics
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Start date: Fall 2019
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Pharmaceutics at the rank of Assistant Professor. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated faculty member who is committed to teaching, research and service.
- Teach didactic and laboratory courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field
- Conduct scientific research that leads to publications in reputable refereed journals
- Collaborate with faculty and students in the school on research undertakings of common interest and help build research teams
- Support the school’s initiative in developing policies and procedures, facilities, and compliance readiness for acquiring Good Laboratory Practice recognition
- Engage in active service to advance the mission and goals of the department and school
- Earned a PhD in the field of pharmaceutics from a recognized university
- Has a post-doctorate training or equivalent research experience
- Has didactic and laboratory teaching experiences in the field
- Has documented independent quality research productivity and scholarly output
- Has successful experience in grant writing and research funding applications
- Is enthusiastic and committed to mentor graduate students
- Has strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, collegiality and cooperative abilities
- Has strong command of English verbally and in writing
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in Byblos, Lebanon, and enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and an MS program in Pharmaceutical Development and Management. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy and pharmaceutical education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos Lebanon, and enrolling around 8500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests; updated CV; names and contact details of three references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of earned degrees, and pharmacy education transcripts, to: email@example.com. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-19-5.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references. All questions regarding the application should be directed to Dr. Roy Kanbar: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled.