This position is no longer open.
Academic Assistant (Beirut Campus)
The LAU Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine has a vacancy for a full-time Academic Assistant in the Office of the Dean. The position is based at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury Clinical Administration Campus in Achrafieh with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Academic Assistant will primarily provide academic and administrative support to the SOM Office of the Dean.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs basic daily routine tasks such as typing, copying, answering and receiving phone calls, filing, editing and proofreading documents, processing forms, mail duties and other office duties as assigned or appropriate
- Provides administrative assistance and support for the School Academic Departments’ Chairpersons: replies to inquiries and handles e-mails, schedules and arranges calendar items, appointments, meetings, conferences and travel logistics for Byblos and LAU Medical Center-RH
- Supports the medical faculty in their academic needs
- Provides administrative assistance and support for the Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Coordinates the Internal Medicine Residency Program: Maintains and updates all file records and documents for the program, arranges meetings and record minutes
- Implements and Maintains TK20 platform, for the SOM, in close coordination with the LAU Department of Institutional Research and Assessment: assists SOM faculty in creating, maintaining and updating faculty records on “TK20” platform
- Implements and handles the AMION Scheduling system for the entire enterprise (LAUSOM and LAU Medical Center-RH) and its multiple clinical sites
- Organizes, coordinates and follows-up on any Longitudinal Course delivered to Medical students
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and Computer Skills
- Ability to deal with many individuals including faculty, physicians, staff and students and work effectively in a team and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent command of the English language
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, March 11, 2018.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.