This position is no longer open.
Academic Assistant – Beirut Campus
The School of Engineering- Beirut Campus- has a vacancy for an Academic Assistant to provide administrative support to the Faculty and The Coordinator.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative assistance to faculty and staff of the Department.
- Perform departmental daily correspondence and filing.
- Maintain, process and update files, records and/or other documents.
- Perform basic daily routine tasks: typing, copying, phones backup, processing forms, mail duties and other office duties.
- Order, stock and supply office supplies.
- Answer queries concerning Departmental/School activities and operations.
- Follow up on departmental/school requests.
- Schedule and arrange calendar items, appointments, interviews, meetings, conferences, and other departmental/school events.
- Make (business) travel and lodging arrangements.
- Perform data entry.
- Establish and maintain a formal filing system for the Department.
- Edit and proofread documents.
- Coordinate with other departments/schools on administrative and/or operational matters.
- Perform various administrative tasks related to ABET accreditation.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Chair or Dean.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to relate well to a variety of individuals, including students, staff and faculty
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest with their CV emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, March 26, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity