This position is no longer open.
Academic Assistant for Experiential Education - Byblos
The School of Pharmacy has a vacancy for a full-time Academic Assistant who will report to the school’s Director of Experiential Education. The position is located in Byblos campus.
The Academic Assistant who will primarily provide academic and administrative support to the school’s experiential education program.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the academic and administrative needs of the office of experiential education
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and recordkeeping of practice sites’ affiliation and partnership agreements
- Develop and maintain an electronic experiential education database for students, preceptors, and practice sites
- Work with the Director of experiential education to develop and maintain an effective communication infrastructure with preceptors and students
- Provide administrative support for the organization of supplies, scheduling of meetings and audiovisual requests, coordination/preparation of mailing lists/labels/databases, and preparation of written correspondence and course documents.
- Assist in documenting assessment findings and program observations
- Assist in organizing events and professional development programs to preceptors
- Assist in addressing experiential education students’ related inquiries, needs, and practice sites on-boarding
- Track, review, and record students ‘enrollment health records
- Schedule visits to the experiential education practice sites
- Participate in the meetings and work responsibilities of the experiential education subcommittee
- Maintain up to date information related to the experiential education program on the school’s web, in the student handbook, and software database
- Assist as needed in facilitating the logistics of the program’s co-curricular activities
- Assist with the placement and follow up on graduate (Master of Science) students’ internship in pharmaceutical industries
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- 1-2 year of related experience
- Effective English communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Superior organizational and computer skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Cooperative and teamwork ability
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Professionalism and interpersonal collegiality to work in an academic professional environment with students, staff, faculty, and external members of affiliates and partners
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 8, 2018
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.