Academic Computer Center Administrator (Byblos Campus)
The Department of Civil Engineering (CIE) is currently looking for a full-time Academic Computer Center Administrator who will report to the Department Chair. The position is located in Byblos campus.
The Academic Computer Center Administrator’s role entails planning and performing a variety of tasks to ensure proper operation, maintenance and development of the computer related equipment and implementing the latest technologies to enhance its operating quality and efficiency.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends efficiently to regular daily duties and responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the center
- Performs software, hardware and application development, troubleshooting, installation and upgrades to ensure a reliable and secure working environment
- Maintains the efficient operation of all the center’s equipment and peripherals by providing technical support
- Conducts a preventive, fix-and-repair, and maintenance program on all the center’s equipment to keep them operational and functional
- Supervises schedules and evaluates the work of the center’s student assistants
- Recommends purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software, as needed. Installs upgrades and enhancements that optimize the overall performance of the center
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licenses, and user access and security
- Collaborates with the School faculty on all their needs and those of their students
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a BE or BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in IT support
- Advanced computer skills
- Up-to-date general knowledge of computers, peripherals and network hardware and software, with hands-on experience in implementing and upgrading applications and programs
- Good communication and written skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and coach student assistants
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, March 26, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.