This position is no longer open.
The School of Arts and Sciences has a vacancy for an Assessment Officer at Beirut campus. The assessment officer shall coordinate and provide support for departments’ curricula, programs assessment, and students learning assessment in the School of Arts and Sciences.
1. Curriculum Management Support:
- Work in close liaison with the Departments on all aspects of the curriculum.
- Arrange and support relevant curriculum-related meetings;
- Support all Chairs in developing curriculum proposals;
2. Quality Assurance and Enhancement Support:
1. Work in close liaison with the School Assessment Council on all assessment aspects;
- Coordinate the assessment of program outcomes and educational objectives with all faculty, and implement developed assessment strategies that lead to course, curricular and program improvement, and to the achievement of the Departments’ and School’s missions;
- Arrange and support assessment meetings, including liaison with the Accreditation Coordinators and the Associate Dean, the collation and circulation of papers, taking minutes of meetings and taking the necessary follow-up actions including the preparation of reports;
- Support internal and external periodic reviews, including specific program accreditation;
- Manage and maintain the courses and programs database and associated documentation;
- Act as a liaison with the University Institutional Research and Assessment Office (IRA) by reporting and collecting all departmental and school related data;
- Coordinate quality assurance and student feedback within the School of Arts and Sciences;
- Coordinate action planning and follow up of quality assurance outcomes.
3. Administration of Assessment and Examinations:
- Coordinate in liaison with the Associate Deans meetings with all programs’ advisory council(s), wherever applicable;
- Advise the Chairs and members of the advisory council(s) on the regulations and procedures and the implications of possible decisions;
- Issue information, assessment guidance and initial results to students;
- Coordinate assessed work submissions;
- Address the assessment queries from staff and students;
- Liaise with internal and external examiners;
- Coordinate with other assessment officers in the school and the university.
4. Other Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the submission of program-accreditation self-study and support relevant committees;
- Coordinate the submission of programs’ reviews and self-studies for all programs in the School, and support relevant committees;
- Coordinate student representation on assessment committees including organizing students’ focus groups.
Successful candidates must have the following:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Education, Engineering, or Business Administration. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good ICT skills, including developing databases applications and using project management software;
- Willingness to work in both Campuses, Beirut and Byblos, as assigned;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Relevant work experience is a plus.
Applicants should send a CV and a one page statement that details their background, qualifications, and interests to:
Human Resources Office
Lebanese American University, Beirut Campus
Tel: (01) 786456 Ext. 1124
Fax: (01) 867099 Ext. 1485
NB: Deadline for application submittal for this opening is April 17, 2012
"LAU is an equal opportunity employer”