This position is no longer open.
Assistant Assessment Officer / Assessment Officer- School of Nursing
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing is currently looking for an Assistant Assessment Officer / Assessment Officer to be located in Byblos Campus.
The Assistant Assessment Officer / Assessment Officer will coordinate and provide support for the curriculum, program evaluation, student assessment, quality improvement and accreditation activities in the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing and for the Inter-professional Education Program.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrange and support relevant curriculum-related and IPE meetings.
- Work in close liaison with the faculty and school administration on all assessment aspects.
- Work in close liaison with the Inter-professional Education Work Group on assessment of IPE activities.
- Coordinate the assessment of program outcomes and educational objectives with the faculty, and implement assessment strategies that lead to course, curricular and program improvement, and to the achievement of the School and IPE missions.
- Assist in the enrollment of students.
- Arrange and support assessment meetings, including liaison with the faculty and school administrators, the collation and circulation of papers, minuting the meetings and taking the necessary follow-up actions including the preparation of reports.
- Support internal and external periodic reviews, including Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation.
- Manage and maintain the course and program database and associated documentation.
- Coordinate quality improvement and student feedback within the School of Nursing and for the IPE program.
- Prepare quality improvement and assessment reports as directed
- Issue information, assessment guidance and initial results to students.
- Coordinate assessed work submissions.
- Deal with assessment queries from staff and students.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external examiners.
- Assist in preparation of accreditation and other academic and assessment reports.
- Coordinate the submission of accreditation reports, program reviews and self-studies.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Nursing or closely related healthcare field
- 2 to 5 years work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines
- Good computer and information technology skills, including database applications
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Access
Ability to establish working relationship with faculty
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com specifying the job title in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 23 April, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity