This position is no longer open.
Assistant Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer - Beirut
The Physical Plant is currently looking for an Assistant Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer (Assistant EHS Engineer) reporting to the EHS Senior Engineer. This position is based in Beirut campus.
The Assistant EHS Engineer is responsible for assisting in the current and anticipated load of the EHS Unit, conducting safety audits for buildings and grounds and following up on safety systems preventive maintenance programs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts safety audits for buildings and grounds and generates recommendations reports
- Assists the EHS Senior Engineer in preparing a comprehensive emergency response plan and assigns and emergency response team
- Conducts safety tours, reports hazardous conditions and follows up on corrective actions
- Follows up on the Hazardous Waste Management Initiative
- Develops safety procedures (fire occurrence, false alarm, incident reporting, etc.)
- Assists the EHS Senior Engineer in preparing LAU’s Safety Manual
- Performs any other function/project assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor of engineering degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related capacity.
- Advanced command of spoken, read and written English and Arabic.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.