This position is no longer open.
Associate Director of Development
The Development Office at the Lebanese American University is currently searching for an Associate Director of Development to assist in fundraising activities for all LAU Schools ; in addition, to other constituents of the University.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Development (AVP), the Associate Director of Development is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects up to a giving capacity of $500,000 or more. She/he actively manages a minimum portfolio of at least 150 prospects, in support of the strategic goals of the different LAU Schools and other University constituents, which include: financial aid, internationalization, professorships, and research.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a minimum portfolio of at least 150 prospects.
- Engage previous and current donors.
- Build strong relationships with volunteers and committees.
- Conduct a minimum of 250 prospect visits per year and coordinate engagement opportunities for prospects and donors.
- Has the ability to prepare and implement business and communication plans.
- Work closely with Faculty and University administrators as needed.
- Take initiative in identifying new corporate, foundation, government and individual funding sources.
- Collaborate with other development and alumni relations teams, serving as a liaison to the different LAU Schools and other University constituents.
- Assist with other department activities when asked to do so by the AVP.
- Meet annual fundraising goals as determined in consultation with the AVP.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Masters is a plus.
- Minimum 12 years of proven success in fundraising preferably in an education environment.
- Held previous senior and leadership positions in reputable institutions
- Ability to work in stressful environments
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with prospects
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance short- and long-term projects
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and achieve measurable results
- Willingness to travel and to occasionally work weekend hours
Interested candidates should email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, December 3, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.