This position is no longer open.
Director of Central Procurement
The Business Services Department - Procurement Office is currently looking for a full-time Director of Central Procurement who will report to the Assistant Vice President for Business Services. He/she is required to be present on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos).
The Director of Central Procurement is responsible for setting the procurement strategies of the University and managing its operations.
He/she directs the Procurement Offices in Beirut and Byblos by ensuring full compliance, standardization, consistency and collaboration in their operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets procurement strategies to be implemented in both campuses
- Ensures full compliance, standardization, consistency and collaboration between Procurement Offices in Beirut and Byblos campuses
- Oversees the Central Procurement processes
- Manages every aspect of the supply chain and continuously recommends improvements yielding an optimal process
- Collaborates with key persons to ensure clarity of the University procurement specifications
- Closely monitors negotiations with vendors to secure advantageous terms during the bidding process
- Supervises contract preparation, finalization and implementation of the terms vis-à-vis suppliers and requesting party
- Encourages constant researches to identify potential new suppliers, products and services to meet the University standards
- Handles suppliers’ grievances and oversees any claims against suppliers
- Attends to various LAU community complaints and provides responses and solutions
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Performs risk management for supply contracts and agreements when viable
- Generates and produces various periodic reports to top management
- Responds to audit inquiries, ensuring full cooperation of both Procurement Office teams, and follows up on remedies
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of the Procurement Office budgets
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (preference is given to degrees in Supply Chain Management, Computer Engineering, or Business Administration)
- Minimum of 12 years’ work experience (8 of which as Procurement Manager or Head of Procurement.)
- Prior working knowledge in developing RFPs and analyzing tenders, especially in the Lebanese market
- Experience in using an automated procurement system as part of an organization-wide ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Ability to be highly organized with strong attention to detail along with multi-tasking ability
- Experienced in setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams
- Exemplary work ethic and integrity upholding LAU values
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, October 15, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.