Director of CEP
The Lebanese American University (www.lau.edu.lb) invites applications for the position of Director of Continuing Education Program (CEP). The Office of Continuing Education reflects LAU’s commitment to adult education and working closely with communities of practice in pursuit of better professional standards.
The Director of CEP will oversee all the CEP programs while working on developing new programs and upgrading existing ones. He/she has to promote the CEP programs and expand its professional networks within the overall strategy of LAU. He/she is required to proactively relate to all sectors of society and the economy, and maintain excellent links with industry leaders over the widest possible spectrum in the country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The CEP Director will have the following functions:
- Managing the CEP as a strategic LAU resource with a view to constantly raising its profile, enhancing its competitiveness, and expanding its market share;
- Running CEP internal operations efficiently, effectively and subject to the highest norms of professionalism;
- Ensuring at all times: strict and total compliance with applicable LAU policies, procedures, decisions, and practices;
- Supervising all CEP programs and safeguarding their academic and professional integrity in every way;
- Hiring, supervising and evaluating instructors based on a framework cleared by CEP’s Steering Committee;
- Keeping a close watch on CEP satellite programs off-campus and ensuring their success and continued expansion;
- Conducting strategic market intelligence and staying abreast of major developments in all relevant sectors bearing on new opportunities, available prospects, and emerging initiatives;
- Proactively relating to all sectors of society and the economy, and maintaining excellent links with industry leaders over the widest possible spectrum in the country;
- Coordinating very closely with School Deans, Department Chairs, AVPs and their units etc. in a spirit of collegiality and cooperation;
- Working on developing new CEP programs, and upgrading existing ones based on credible assessment, customer feedback, international benchmarking, and other reliable information;
- Practicing advanced CRM, cultivating and effecting partnerships, and expanding CEP professional networks within the overall strategy of LAU;
- Working towards expanding the CEP footprint beyond Lebanon through carefully planned, academically/professionally sound and economically viable off-country programs;
- Other related duties as mandated by the Provost to whom the CEP Director reports.
Candidates are expected to have:
- a Master’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in a related discipline, or a Doctorate degree with experience. Other relevant qualifications will also be considered if warranted.
- a proven record of administrative leadership
- a successful experience in strategic planning and implementation
- a proven record of managerial and budgetary expertise
- a record of academic program development
- a record in recruiting and retaining a diverse population of faculty, students and staff
- a management style that demonstrates commitment to shared governance
- a strategic, innovative and forward thinking leadership record
- a track record of sustainable collaboration with the business community
- a record reflecting high personal integrity and ethical standards
The following additional qualifications are desirable:
- experience in academic or professional practice in Lebanon or the Middle East
Applications should include:
- a letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications and vision for this position
- a curriculum vitae
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is September 30, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.