This position is no longer open.
Director of Creative Services
The Marketing and Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Director of Creative Services to join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals with a common desire to contribute to the successful implementation of the University’s integrated marketing and communications initiative.
The Director of Creative Services will increase the effectiveness of LAU marketing communications by driving the development of original, relevant communications that address the brand and strategy requirements.
He/She will increase the integration of all creative services staff (writers, designers), and will ensure all marketing communications contribute to increasing the reputation and positioning of LAU.
He/She will also enable the increased use of LAU’s communications/design students by effectively supervising their work while making sure that the brand communications remain consistent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the creative operation.
- Lead the development of creative concepts for advertising, collaterals.
- Lead the adaptation of creative concepts into a variety of media.
- Supervise the execution of concepts by writing scripts, developing concept boards, print and online advertising layouts.
- Supervise the production of TV, Print, Online tools, by supervising internal and external staff, photo/TV shoots.
- Lead the selection of external suppliers (photographers, videographers, TV production houses, copywriters…) for the execution of creative concepts.
- Lead the development of communications solutions that can be executed holistically (online, offline; owned, earned, paid).
- Supervise the visual and editorial work.
- Supervise the freelance work and ensure adherence to highest quality standards.
- Supervise the work assigned to LAU students, ensure quality standards
- Develop the creative skills of the creative team.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure the creative strategy fully addresses the marketing strategy.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, multimedia, film, communication, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, 7 of them in a supervisory level
- Experience developing print, TV, outdoor, digital advertising
- Experience in branding
- Experience in managing creative teams
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Strong persuasion and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong commitment to deadlines
- Creative and a critical thinker
While not strictly necessary, each of the following qualifications will be considered a plus:
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Familiarity with LAU campuses, faculty, staff, students or alumni.
- Familiarity with the higher education field.
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest indicating in the subject Director of Creative Services, their CV and portfolio of their work to: email@example.com
Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, August 27, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.