This position is no longer open.
Director of Integrated Marketing Communications
The Marketing and Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Director of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) to join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals with a common desire to contribute to the successful implementation of the university’s integrated marketing and communications initiative. This position reports directly to the AVP for Marketing and Communications and is based in Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Director of IMC manages a team of Communications specialists and officers to ensure effective project management service deliveries for integrated marketing solutions.
He/she will ensure effective channels of communications are set up with all key stakeholders across schools, divisions and departments by supervising the development of strategic plans for the end users in the community and promoting the culture of solving the community’s marketing problems and increasing the proactive, consultative role of the Marketing & Communications Department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the project management (organization and execution) of the team of campus community marketing executives to ensure projects are effectively and timely planned
- Supervises the strategic planning approaches of the team of campus community (schools, departments, divisions) marketing executives to ensure plans address key strategic issues
- Negotiates and manages priority demands and develops solutions, proactively and/or reactively as needed, to address priority conflicts
- As responsible for customer service excellence, manages the building of professional, trust-based working relationships between the department and the campus community
- Ensure their expertise in project management and client servicing translates to raising the internal department working standards
- Supervises key presentation and proposals to ensure that important moments of truths meet or exceed expectations
- Coaches and supervises the marketing team staff in the department in best practices of campus community representation, project management and strategic planning
- Supervises the internal department processes, implementing best practices in campus community communication (status reporting, minutes of meetings, workback scheduling)
- Supervises the preparation of campus community reports on activities and projects, including cost analysis reports to ensure cost containment
- Leads directly key campus community relationships to ensure that adequate resources, problem-solving and relationship-building approaches are implemented
- Supervises the quality of part-time employment work
- Conducts brand/creative reviews for LAU’s communications including all schools, divisions, centers and institutes, athletics, special projects, US Government-supported programs, alumni, advancement and others
- Supervises periodical key communications tools (LAU corporate movie)
- Conducts reviews of trends and best practices in the creative communications arena
- Conducts research on internal and external audiences to assess communications needs and communications effectiveness
- Conducts weekly status report meetings to review progress of work
- Conduct monthly budget/cost analysis reports, review internal/external resource utilization and third party costs
- Coaches and supervises the marketing team, identifying key training and development opportunities as well as increase their skills in problem-solving, negotiation skill, project management skills, strategic planning skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with relevant specialization
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in marketing, advertising and/or communication (including 5 years in the educational sector)
- High familiarity with LAU campuses, faculty and staff
- Practical working knowledge of work scheduling, strategic planning and budgeting
- Adeptness in handling clients and solving client issues
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and interactive communication skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Skilled at relationship-building
- Proficiency in English verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, December 18, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.