This position is no longer open.
Director of MedCare Operations
LAU School of Medicine is currently looking for a Director of MedCare Operations for its MedCare Division to report to the Dean of the School of Medicine. This position is based in Byblos campus with frequent commutes to the Beirut campus.
- The Director of MedCare Operations acts as the Administrator for LAU MedCare and coordinates closely with the Chief Financial Officer, School of Medicine Assistant Deans for Business Development and Faculty Recruitment.
- He/she structures and negotiates contracts and tariffs with Insurance Companies and third party private payers to all LAU MedCare facilities. In addition, he/she contracts with the Ministry of Health, NSSF and other public payers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Seeks and develops referral sources for outpatient business to all LAU MedCare facilities.
- Identifies and develops possible new business for outpatient services and independent free-standing centers.
- Develops and implements billing cycles including: professional coding, billing and collections at all affiliated hospitals and independent LAU-MedCare reach-out clinics.
- Provides monthly management reports including P&L statements and productivity charts for all LAU-MedCare services in coordination with finance department.
- Develops and enhances marketing tools for all services offered by LAU MedCare.
- Organizes and manages LAU MedCare Radiology, a multicenter group to render diagnostic imaging services for affiliated hospitals and outside centers.
- Organizes and manages LAU MedCare Lab & Pathology, a multicenter group to render Lab & Pathology services for affiliated hospitals and outside centers.
- Organizes and manages LAU MedCare Anesthesiology, a multicenter group to render Anesthesiology services for affiliated hospitals and outside centers.
- Provides productivity charts for all Full Time faculty, identifies areas of improvement and discusses trending with SOM leadership.
- Fosters loyalty among all full timers both to LAU-Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and to all affiliated hospitals and satellite clinics.
- Manages liaisons with all affiliated hospitals to facilitate and enforce billing and collections by all LAU physicians.
- Streamlines and enhances patient experience, and encourages usage of all LAU- MedCare facilities, including registration, billing, insurance pre-certification and discharge, etc…
- Supervises the following day-to-day functions of the LAUSOM full-time Faculty Group Practice (FGP):
- Clinical and quality issues
- Governance, scheduling and administration
- Technology requirements, maintenance and management software (IT system) in coordination with LAU’s IT Department
- Relationships with referring physicians, insurance companies, etc.
- Marketing and business development
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS degree in business or a related field
- 15 years of professional experience in the healthcare industry
Interested candidates should email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, December 17, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.