This position is no longer open.
Director of Physical Plant
The Facilities Management Department is currently searching for a Director of Physical Plant to head its Beirut Physical Plant Office and to supervise and implement all its functions.
Basic Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, supervises, develops, and tracks the implementation of Systems Operation, and Maintenance Programs.
- Tracks progress of planned schedules of Requests.
- Supervises the outsourcing of maintenance and repair services for all university assets.
- Manages Maintenance Contracts. Evaluates the need of received requests for outsourcing maintenance, repair, and subscription services. Recommends the outsourcing of maintenance and repair of building systems. Reviews and approves bid documents.
- Plans, directs, and supervises the design, specification, and execution of MEP, Safety, and accessibility systems through in house engineering unit for renovation projects. Plans, directs, and supervises the design review, material submittal and shop drawing review, testing & commissioning, and handing over of MEP, Safety, and accessibility systems through in house engineering unit for all Capital and Renovation projects. Plays the role of the commissioning agent from Pre-Design to Post-Occupancy.
- Plans, designs and supervises the implementation of Energy Management methods and building systems such as Building Management System for equipment control, energy management including energy costs and equipment runtime reporting, Fire Alarm systems and strategies, CCTV, Access Control systems, etc…
- Develops design guidelines for renovation and construction projects.
- Plans, develops, and supervises the implementation of Occupational & Environmental Safety programs.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and implements the activities of emergency response plans.
- Prepares asset condition reports of Facilities, Equipment, and Furnishings.
- Coordinates technical input regarding the purchase and installation of equipment and systems related to the different University schools and divisions. Reviews & approves technical specifications, technical and operating cost analysis, and recommendations regarding such purchases.
- Plans, develops, and prepares department plan and related budget. Develops systems and procedures for interdepartmental coordination. Serves on various university wide committees.
This position oversees four divisions Operations, Maintenance, Safety and Engineering.
The Director of Physical Plant reports to the Assistant Vice President for Facilities Management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering from a renowned university. Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience in a managerial setting.
- Good English reading, writing, and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, CMMS, and other computer applications.
- Excellent communications, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, standards, design and specifications of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge in design and commissioning processes.
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety codes.
CV’s should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
The closing date for applying is Friday July 6, 2012.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.