This position is no longer open.
The Auxiliary Services Office is currently looking for a Driver to report to the Logistics Manager / Senior Logistics Manager. This position is based in Byblos Campus.
The Driver is mainly responsible for providing transport services to University executives, faculty, staff, students and guests, and drop-off and pick-up materials related to University business, as well as delivering mail.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides transport services to all entitled LAU community from senior administration to students from/to various destinations.
- Delivers by-hand mail coming from offices to suppliers, schools, universities, Alumni, etc…, press releases to media, and inter-campus mails and parcels.
- Picks up / delivers the University’s daily mail from/to the Government’s Post Office early morning and hands it in to the Post Office Clerk for subsequent distribution.
- Picks up the University’s requests on goods when delivery cannot be made by the suppliers.
- Ensures that the University car that is being used is taken care of in terms of fuel refill, wash, routine inspection on oil level, etc…).
- Follows up on yearly mechanic fees and drop-off vehicles for yearly mechanic inspections.
- Reports accidents, vehicle malfunctions, traffic violations, etc.
- Submits record of tasks accomplished.
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School or BT equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of driving experience.
- Public driving license.
- Thorough knowledge of Lebanese territory along with familiarity with Whatsapp and Google maps.
- Basic knowledge of written and oral English.
- Ability to work during weekends and holidays as needed.
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, November 19, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.