This position is no longer open.
Engineering Lab Technician- Byblos campus
The Industrial and Mechanical Engineering (IME) Department at the School of Engineering in Byblos campus has a vacancy for an Engineering Lab Technician. He/she is responsible for performing a variety of tasks that would ensure proper operation of the Engineering Lab.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all physical facilities including laboratories and workshops.
- Maintain inventory of lab equipment and supplies.
- Supervise the lab/workshop assistants’ work.
- Assist faculty in the development of workshop and lab assignments and relevant tool kits.
- Advise students on workshop related assignments and assist them with their projects.
- Assist in assessment activities relevant to laboratories and workshops.
- Perform other departmental related work as per supervisor’s request.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or in a related Science field with minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a Lab Technician or TS Degree with additional 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills in Arabic and English
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of lab equipment and operation
- Time management and organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest with their CV emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, August 20, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity