This position is no longer open.
The Office of the AVPEM is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to work at the Beirut Campus.
1. Basic responsibilities:
· Assists the AVPEM on all projects underway and follows up on some of them (such as recruitment events, electronic communication, EM publications, surveys etc…).
· Prepares enrollment tables and reports especially statistical ones and edits them.
· Coordinates the AVP’s meetings taking minutes and initiates action items.
· Provides administrative support for events and conferences hosted by the AVP, handling all details as required.
· Receives and welcomes students, parents, and external visitors and delegations.
· Provides information and resolves complaints which regularly require the use of good judgment and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
· Collects, researches, compiles, analyses and summarizes a variety of informational and statistical data from Beirut and Byblos campuses.
· Transforms statistical materials and data into PowerPoint and Excel charts.
· Establishes excellent working relationships with various LAU constituencies on both campuses.
· Assists in preparing and tracking the office budget. Follows up on the monthly budget updates from all EM entities on both campuses.
· Manages the electronic information/communication regarding EM entities.
· Manages inventory of massive amounts of material in hard and soft version.
· Supervises the work of student assistants assigned to the office and monitors their contracts and timesheets, to ensure they fulfill their duties.
· Perform other duties as and when required.
2. Minimum qualifications:
· MA/MS degree from a renowned university. BA/BS with good experience (preferably 3 to 5 years) could be considered.
· Excellent verbal and written English skills; Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
· Knowledge of the American system of education; Knowledge of other systems is a plus.
· Must be a team player.
· Excellent accuracy in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting data.
· Excellent computer skills especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Knowledge of Banner is a plus.
· Excellent analytical skills.
Interested qualified candidates should send a CV to:
Human Resources Office
Lebanese American University, Beirut Campus
Tel: (01) 786456 Ext. 1124
Fax: (01) 867099 Ext. 1485
N.B. Deadline for applying to this opening is May 14th, 2012.
“LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer”