This position is no longer open.
Gender Studies Research Specialist (Beirut Campus)
The Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World (IWSAW) is currently looking for a full-time Gender Studies Research Specialist who will report to the Associate Director and Director of IWSAW. The position is located in Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Gender Studies Research Specialist’s role entails strengthening research on/by women in the Arab world at national, regional and international levels in line with IWSAW’s Strategic Plan. This entails specific responsibility for overseeing Al-Raida Journal as well as other research initiatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate research and analysis as well as continue ongoing research initiatives by liaising and collaborating with relevant stakeholders in and outside LAU
- Promote research of/on Arab women and gender issues
- Prepare and write proposals
- Conduct business trips abroad 1-2 times a year
- Oversee all publications of IWSAW
- Attend to all research related tasks as assigned by the director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree with relevant specialization on gender issues or gender focus in another field of study
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in overseeing, initiating and conducting gender-focused research (qualitative and quantitative) across a range of focus areas in either academic or practice settings.
- Advanced command of both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Ability to be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…)
- Experienced in setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Ability to work within teams cooperatively
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, March 23, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.