This position is no longer open.
The Finance Department / University Comptroller’s Office is currently looking for a Grants Officer reporting to the Director of Grants. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Grants Officer is responsible for the processing of accurately and timely grants’ transactions as well as all journal vouchers within the accounting system.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs transactions related to the grants accounts as well as journal vouchers
- Prepares spreadsheets for analyzing actual grants expenditures and the related budgets
- Implements the relevant parts of the grants and sponsored proposals by conforming to the University’s proper cost allocations
- Adheres to donors’ financial reporting requirements
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly grants reports
- Assists in the preparation of reports on the internally funded financial activities of the University’s Centers & Academic Institutes
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with relevant specialization in Finance, Accounting, or Auditing
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in grants
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to use ERP systems
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Oracle E-business Suite
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, December 11, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.