This position is no longer open.
The Business Office in Beirut is currently searching for an Intermediate Accountant.
Basic Job duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and functional back up to the Payroll Officer
- Handles assigned payroll activities towards completion under the direct supervision of the payroll officer
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate back-ups and supporting documentation relating to various elements that constitute the payroll namely, but not limited to:
- US social security and tax
- Pension plans and end of service indemnity
- Medical and other insurances
- US tax matters
- Responsible for preparing the payroll file for the final review of the payroll officer
- Responsible for preparing periodic accounts analysis as specified the payroll officer
- Handles all filing activities relating to payroll
- Data entry to Oracle
- Responsible for maintaining schooling and Insurance schedules and their reconciliation with payables
- Preparation and dispatching of pay slip
- Other tasks as might be assigned
- University degree in business, accounting and finance or equivalent
- Three to Five years related experience and/or training especially in Payroll related functions
- Good command of English & Arabic
- Good interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Proficiency in the use of Oracle Financials is a plus
- Proficiency in the use of basic functional applications, i.e. Microsoft products
- Integrity, credibility and high standard of professional conduct
- Knowledge of Payroll environment is a plus
A letter of interest, CV and three references should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying “Accountant – Business Office at the Beirut Campus”in the subject line.
The closing date for applying is Saturday June 30, 2012.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.