IRB Director (Byblos Campus)
The IRB Office (International Review Board) at Byblos Campus has an opening for an IRB Director. The Director’s overall objective is defining & continuously re-evaluating research policies and procedures for research involving human subjects to match best global practices and international regulations and guidelines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the daily operations of the IRB.
- Manage and direct all aspects of the Human Research Protection Program.
- Manage IRB staff members and related work flow.
- Ensure efficient customer service to maintain high quality working relationships with faculty, physicians and student researchers who conduct research involving human subjects.
- Ensure that the University is in compliance with all local and international regulations, policies and guidelines relating to research involving human subjects.
- Function as a liaison between the IRB chairman / vice chair, members, university officials, university legal counsel, investigators and research participants.
- Address issues of research non-compliance and develop plans for immediate correction.
- Develop a Quality Improvement program to conduct training and quality control activities.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of educational programs and presentations to promote ethical conduct in research and enhances understanding of investigator responsibility and IRB processes.
- Work closely with IT to enhance and update the website and develop an internal management system for the office.
- Build capacity and skills in the research environment at the university and its affiliates.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with certification in Clinical Research
- 10 - 12 years of experience, with at least 10 years’ experience within the regulatory structure in research involving human subjects
- Supervision skills
- A successful record of preparing proposals
- Excellent organizational / managerial / inter-personal skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest with their CV emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Monday, May 1 , 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity