This position is no longer open.
IT Support Administrator – Beirut Campus
The IT Infrastructure and Support at Beirut campus has a vacancy for an IT Support Administrator. The IT Support Administrator is mainly responsible for attending to faculty and staff desktop software and hardware issues.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and fix user’s problems associated with any desktop application or hardware including printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Install and/or upgrade desktop hardware and software
- Update ticket call progress in the Helpdesk system on a daily basis. Respond to Helpdesk questions and provides training and technical assistance.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the equipment and system supported by IT Support by keeping current with all technology trends and by working with all IT department units.
- Provide follow up and progress updates to the end users. Train new IT Support Administrators and student assistants, ensuring that they are familiar with various functions, duties, documentation and personnel
- Process all IT Support maintenance requests with external companies as well as internal processing with end users and concerned offices.
- Perform other duties pertinent to this job as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- BE, BA or BS, or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience in IT Support
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written English skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 27 August, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity