This position is no longer open.
Part -Time Academic Assistant ( Beirut Campus)
The School of Architecture and Design (SARD) is currently looking for a part-time Academic Assistant. The position is located at the Beirut campus.
The Academic Assistant will primarily provide academic and administrative support to the Office of the Dean, and will handle communication with external parties, process faculty contracts, publications, and act as a liaison between the School and other University offices.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens incoming visitors, phone calls, mail, email, faxes and other correspondence, and responds to them as appropriate
- Ensures that School decisions are implemented, faculty contracts are prepared at the beginning of each semester
- Supports the work of the school/department by purchasing equipment and supplies, maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the appropriate procedures for purchasing of goods and services
- Assists students in all their inquiries, especially during the registration periods
- Monitors the work and schedule of student assistants and financial aid students making sure they are fulfilling their duties
- Types letters, memos and other documents as needed. Proofreads printed material as requested
- Enters data and maintains faculty databases, course files and lists
- Assists in the preparation of school/department publications
- Assists in any administrative tasks as requested by the School Dean and/or delegated administrator
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 1-2 year of related experience
- Graphic Design skills a plus
- Effective English communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Cooperative and teamwork ability
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Professionalism and interpersonal collegiality to work in an academic professional environment with students, staff, faculty, and external members of affiliates and partners
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, March 26, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by Monday April 2, 2018.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.