Part -Time Assistant Project Manager
LAU’s Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World (IWSAW) is looking for an Assistant Project Manager for the project “Equality for Everyone: Gender Reform from Grassroots to Government.” This position is for a limited duration.
This project is funded by the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) for the purpose of strengthening the relationship between existing civil society organizations and elected officials to increase government accountability and impact reform on gender related issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Project Manager in the execution of the project work plan
- Carries out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Tracks and reports daily project status update to the project manager and senior management
- Coordinates and schedules execution of the project
- Supports the Project Manager throughout the implementation and the reporting phase
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues arising in a project
- Ensures completion of the project in a timely manner and within the budgetary limits
- Follows-up on all activities pertaining to the implementation of the project in case of the Project Manager’s absence
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Political or Social Science, Law, International Studies, Development Studies or any other related field with relevant work experience in research and coordination
- Proven experience in working with gender issues – work experience and/or research/academic experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in working cooperatively and in a leadership role with students, and community members
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, meet deadlines and yet be part of a team working toward a common goal
- Strong interest in gender issues, political reform, human rights, social justice
- Thorough knowledge of current events
- Strong organizational and computer skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.