Part-Time Program Assistant Director (Beirut Campus)
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office has a vacancy for a Program Assistant Director under the USAID University Scholarship Program (USP VII). The position is based in Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Assistant Director will report to the Program Director and will be handling the program’s daily logistics and needs of the scholars on both campuses. The Assistant Director will work closely with the USP personnel in order to assume all of the position’s responsibilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises Ambassador Merit Scholars’ academic and extracurricular progress
- Assigns and supervises LAU student Mentors
- Coordinates internships and leadership opportunities
- Coordinates technical information
- Provides solutions and guidance when needed
- Maintains data and files on all scholars
- Communicates with Faculty on the progress of the scholars
- Reports to the Program Director on regular basis
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree
- Work experience in a similar position for 5-7 years or more
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of the American system of education; Knowledge of other systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Must be a team player; takes initiative and is proactive
- Advanced computer skills especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Desktop Publishing
- Excellent accuracy in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting data
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, April 27, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.