Part-Time Administrative Assistant
LAU’s Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World (IWSAW) is looking for an Administrative Assistant for the project “Equality for Everyone: Gender Reform from Grassroots to Government.” This position is for a limited duration.
This project is funded by the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) for the purpose of strengthening the relationship between existing civil society organizations and elected officials to increase government accountability and impact reform on gender related issues.
The Administrative Assistant undertakes various administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing in order to support the Management team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes all office work concerning the MEPI project (filing, writing memos, processing payments, filling forms, etc.) and keeps track of various needs (stationary, repairs, purchase requisitions, etc.)
- Performs various administrative support duties (e.g. travel and lodging reservations)
- Manages the project’s general mail
- Manages the calendar and activities schedule of the project
- Assists the Project Manager in drafting and processing reports
- Assists the Project Manager and Project Researcher in compiling research material when needed
- Organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines
- Performs other duties as required for the effective operation of the project
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Social Sciences, Business Administration, Computer Science, or other field relevant to the position
- 1-3 years of experience with office related tasks
- Good computer skills and proficiency in word processing (English and Arabic typing skills)
- Ability to compose correspondence independently or based brief instructions
- Ability to collaborate with other staff members
- Ability to work with persons with different cultural backgrounds
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, December 14, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.