Part-Time Internship Coordinator
The International Services Office is currently looking for an Internship Coordinator to work on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos). This position is for a limited duration.
The Internship Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the two TL (Tomorrow’s Leaders Program) internship requirements (i.e. civic/professional) in close coordination with LAU career offices and NGOs/Institutions fit to receive TL students and willing to provide a professional and educational opportunity.
He/she will facilitate these internships by providing a safe, professional, and useful network of NGO/institutions in Lebanon and in their home countries for better economic opportunity. The main objective is to help increase the employability of the students by providing them with skill-building options and networking opportunities on an international level.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a comprehensive process to place TL students in useful and enriching internships to fulfill their civic and professional internship requirements
- Coordinates with LAU career offices to identify top professional institutions willing and able to host students on internships as per the requirement
- Connects with local and international NGOs to coordinate TL student internships
- Advises students on opportunities available and coordinates with them to fulfill the requirement
- Collects the required documentation from students, including placement form and internship report
- Endorses creative tools for documentation: reflective essay, journaling, or method to note importance/reactions. Gathers a panel or prepares events for them to share best-practices, reflect, and leverage as a growing opportunity – documentary, social media, other means to document highlights of their internship
- Reports the internships activity of TL students to the TL Program Coordinator on a monthly basis
- Puts together a comprehensive database of local and international institutions every year to be vetted as per requirements. Expands the list of civil society, private sector, and other groups to give more choices to students on internship locations
- Allows for research-based internships for academic or policy track students
- Ensures internships are linked to future job opportunities and career paths
- Sits on a steering committee once per semester between LAU and AUB to document experience, share ideas, and increase CSOs/outreach locations
- Performs any relevant additional task assigned by the Program Director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in civic work
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Multi-tasking ability and excellent organization skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.