Part-Time Pharmacy Laboratory Technician – Byblos Campus
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy invites applications for a part-time Laboratory Technician position. This position is based in Byblos campus.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for facilitating and assisting school faculty and graduate students with their research projects and plans.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and assists faculty and graduate students to develop and run research experiments
- Coordinates research activities and assist in recording, compiling, organizing and analyzing data
- Designs, revises and proposes experimental research protocols
- Contributes to overall project planning and ensures meeting project deadlines
- Collects, verifies and manages experimental data
- Supervises and trains graduate students as applicable
- Monitors and implements laboratory safety measures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology from a recognized program
- Two to four years of hands-on laboratory experience
- Considerable knowledge of basic principles and ability to perform standardized laboratory applications in molecular biology/biochemistry (western blot, sequencer, gel electrophoresis, protein extraction and purification, SDS PAGE, immuno-enzymatic techniques, cloning and gene insertion, DNA extraction, polymerase chain reaction (light cycler), cell culture, manipulation and bio-functional assays) and chemistry (LC-MS/MS analysis, HPLC-UV, GC-MS, FTIR, spectrophotometry, fluorescence measurements)
- Ability to make and record scientific observations accurately
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work well with others in an academic professional environment that includes students, faculty and staff
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest including the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, August 31, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.