This position is no longer open.
Part-Time Position: Pharmacy Laboratory Technician – Byblos Campus
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy invites applications for a part-time Laboratory Technician position to facilitate and assist school faculty and graduate students with their research projects and plans. This position is based in Byblos campus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and assist faculty and graduate students to develop and run research experiments.
- Coordinate research activities and assist in recording, compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Design, revise and propose experimental research protocols.
- Contribute to overall project planning and ensure meeting project deadlines.
- Collect, verify and manage experimental data.
- Supervise and train graduate students as applicable.
- Monitor and implement laboratory safety measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology from a recognized program.
- Two to four years of hands-on laboratory experience.
- Considerable knowledge of basic principles and ability to perform standardized laboratory applications in molecular biology/biochemistry (western blot, sequencer, gel electrophoresis, protein extraction and purification, SDS PAGE, immuno-enzymatic techniques, cloning and gene insertion, DNA extraction, polymerase chain reaction (light cycler), cell culture, manipulation and bio-functional assays) and chemistry (LC-MS/MS analysis, HPLC-UV, GC-MS, FTIR, spectrophotometry, fluorescence measurements).
- Ability to make and record scientific observations accurately.
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work well with others in an academic professional environment that includes students, faculty and staff.
- High personal integrity and ethical standards.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest, updated CV and the names and contacts three references to: email@example.com specifying the job title in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is January 15, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.