This position is no longer open.
Part-Time TL Communication Officer
The International Services office is currently looking for a TL Communication Officer to work on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos). This position is for a limited duration.
The TL Communication Officer is responsible for creating and implementing an integrated outreach and communication strategy to support the objectives of the MEPI-funded Tomorrow’s Leaders (MEPI-TL) program. This will include formulating and implementing a high-profile campaign across LAU’s various channels to help position and promote MEPI-TL, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers, and engage target audiences and spread the message about the program, its objectives and its impact.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, supports and promotes MEPI-TL objectives, including message development, web and social media content creation, and media outreach in support of the branding and marking strategy
- Develops and disseminates outreach materials that increase the visibility of the program among stakeholders
- Identifies target audiences and creates strategies to effectively engage them
- Builds and maintains relationships with journalists, bloggers, and counterparts that will elevate the positioning of the program, in coordination with the media unit at LAU
- Ensures digital marketing content aligns with the TL media guidelines, and assists with marketing campaigns as needed
- Coordinates with AUB, AMIDEAST and any third party as necessary for joint communications where possible
- Works closely with MEPI-DC, university communication departments, university NY offices, and university representatives in DC to submit periodic outreach reports, success stories, and program highlights
- Performs any relevant additional task assigned by the Program Director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of media-related experience, preferably in communications strategy development
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.