This position is no longer open.
Part-Time USP Community Service Assistant
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office has a vacancy for a USP Community Service Assistant. The position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The USP Community Service Assistant performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the USP grant.
He/she assists with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with USP scholars, and communicates with the USP student mentors. Additionally, he/she assists in data collection and information needed for reporting, and keeps accurate records of all issues regarding the USP program.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles telephone calls, filing, and data entry
- Encourages leadership, and community service activities / workshops
- Communicates with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops
- Meets with scholars individually to guide them in filling out the CSP template
- Collects data and information needed for reporting/filing
- Keeps close record of all issues regarding the USP Grant
- Attends community service projects all over Lebanon
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Work experience in a similar position
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High Organization skills
- Must be a team player; takes initiative and is proactive
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus
- Strong Leadership skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, November 9, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.