Procurement Officer -Byblos
The Procurement Office is currently looking for a Procurement Officer reporting to the Director of Procurement (DOP). The position is located in Byblos campus.
The Procurement Officer is mainly responsible for assisting the University community by procuring its requested products and services at the best price/quality ratio.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes Purchase Requisitions
- Verifies the BOQ and the technical specifications with the end users
- Checks and compares prices of previous purchases
- Prepares requests to bids and tenders and requests quotations from suppliers
- Attends Tender Committee Meetings upon the request of DOP
- Prepares minutes of meetings, memos and procurement processes, as well as price comparison tables
- Prepares Purchase Orders, secures signatures and issues POs to suppliers
- Initiates contracts with suppliers and secures signatures of both parties
- Requests bank guarantees from suppliers in relation to contracts and Purchase Orders
- Maintains mutual business relationship with suppliers and end users
- Tracks and monitors undelivered Purchase Orders
- Responds to questions and queries from end users concerning purchase requisitions, budgetary price estimates and other related concerns
- Receives invoices and verifies against Purchase Orders and secures end-user’s signature
- Updates iProcurement databases of Purchase Orders, supplier records and supplier catalogues
- Requests approvals related to periodic or repetitive purchases
- Maintains confidentiality related to prices, offers, bidders and winners
- Maintains transparency and fairness as per policy and procedures
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in multidisciplinary procurement and in supply chain management
- Experience with iProcurement is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Oracle E-business Suite
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.