Science Lab Supervisor - Beirut
The Department of Natural Sciences is currently looking for a Science Lab Supervisor for its Physics Lab. This position is based in Beirut campus.
The Science Lab Supervisor is mainly responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Lab as well as coordinating and organizing the different Lab sections and experiments.
He/she takes custody of all Lab equipment and apparatus making sure they are in good operating conditions, and ensures the proper scheduling of Lab sessions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes all aspects of the Lab: preparing equipment; preparing, collecting and setting up of Lab materials; calibrating equipment and making necessary modifications before each lab session
- Prepares solutions, culture media, stains, reagents; dispensing proper amounts of the reagents to students
- Coordinates with professors and Lab instructors/graduate assistants to ensure that quality and quantity of materials covered in the Lab are similar in the different lab sections.
- Supervises Lab assistants to ensure that solutions, media and other requirements for proper Lab sessions are provided, cleaning and disinfection of plates, tubes, benches etc. following the Lab sessions are properly accomplished
- Performs routine Lab pre-testing for all experiments to validate their accuracy. Discusses recommended changes with concerned faculty to enhance the students’ experience. Makes sure that all safety standards are constantly preserved
- Keeps track of all new acquisitions to ensure they are stored properly and are well identified
- Maintains equipment in a functional state arranging for repairs and ordering replacements for worn-out or outdated equipment
- Orders supplies and equipment to upgrade the Lab. Prepares requisition orders for all supplies and equipment needed for the Lab after consulting with the concerned Faculty members.
- Prepares the recommendations after studying all the offers thoroughly and chooses the ones that best match specifications. Receives the new items and compares them with recommended ones.
- Assists in the production of new Lab manuals by revising existing ones and learning from previous experiences to enhance these manuals.
- Updates the Lab inventory which includes equipment, supplies, slides, chemicals and AV setups; follows up on items which have been borrowed from the Lab
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Physics, Applied Physics or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a lab supervisor with strong knowledge of lab operations and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with students and faculty members
- Strong English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- MS Office skills.
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, January 1, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.