Science Lab Technician - Beirut
The Department of Natural Sciences is currently looking for a Science Lab Technician for its Biology Lab. This position is based in Beirut campus.
The Science Lab Technician is mainly responsible for maintaining proper lab operations and activities and assisting instructors and students in their work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and directs the daily activities of the lab
- Schedules preparation of lab experiments
- Stores and maintains adequate levels of supplies and equipment, keeping and updating records of inventory and ensuring proper storage procedures
- Maintains, calibrates, cleans and tests equipment
- Monitors Lab safety measures and establishes necessary procedures and systems to avoid potential hazards. Keeps a neat and orderly work area
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for maintenance and repairs
- Trains students on the correct use of research lab equipment
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books
- Stores and disposes of hazardous wastes using safety procedures
- Assists Instructors with follow-up checks on quality problems and takes necessary measures to rectify them
- Coordinates research activities and assists in recording, compiling and organizing data as required
- Coordinates and provides assistance to faculty to develop new experiments and formulate instructional modules for existing and proposed experiments
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Biology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a lab technician
- Fundamental knowledge of cell culture techniques, fluorescent imagine techniques; flow cytometry is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with students and faculty members
- Strong English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- MS Office skills.
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, January 1, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.