This position is no longer open.
Science Lab Technician (Byblos Campus)
The Department of Natural Sciences is currently looking for a Science Lab Technician for its Physics Lab. This position is based in Byblos campus.
The Science Lab Technician is mainly responsible for maintaining proper lab operations and activities and assisting instructors and students in their work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and directs the daily activities of the labs
- Schedules preparation of lab experiments
- Stores and maintains adequate levels of supplies and equipment, keeping and updating records of inventory and ensuring proper storage procedures
- Maintains equipment in a functional state, arranging for repairs and ordering replacements
- Monitors Lab safety measures and establishes necessary procedures and systems to avoid potential hazards. Keeps a neat and orderly work area
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for maintenance and repairs
- Trains students on the correct use of teaching lab equipment
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books
- Stores and disposes of hazardous wastes using safety procedures
- Assists Instructors with follow-up checks on quality problems and takes necessary measures to rectify them
- Coordinates research activities and assists in recording, compiling and organizing data as required
- Coordinates and provides assistance to faculty to develop new experiments and formulate instructional modules for existing and proposed experiments
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Physics, Applied Physics or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a lab technician in maintaining and troubleshooting physics equipment and electronics (function generators, oscilloscopes, multimeters, digital data acquisition systems, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanics, thermodynamics, optics, fluid mechanics, electricity and magnetism, modern physics, quantum mechanics, and statistical mechanics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with students and faculty members
- Strong English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- MS Office skills.
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, April 20, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.